18 November 2014

Recipe: Risotto


This is my favourite meal to cook at the moment. It takes a little bit longer than most other things I cook but it is so tasty and versatile and I can usually make it with whatever ingredients we have in the house. So here is how I made this one..

Ingredients:
Chicken 300g
Bacon 3 rashers
Olive oil 
Onions, chopped 120g
Garlic, chopped 1 Clove
Arborio Rice 180g
One stock cube
Hot water 1 litre
Spinach 120g
Cream Cheese 1 tbsp
Parmesan 1tbsp
Oregano 1 tsp
Sage 1 tsp

I usually start by frying whatever meat I have, today this was chicken and bacon. I do this with a little olive oil in the pan I am going to use for the risotto so that I don't lose any of the flavour. 

Once the meat is cooked transfer into a separate bowl and put it aside for later. 

Add a little more olive oil to the pan if needed and then add the chopped onions and garlic. 

Fry those until theyre translucent then add the risotto rice and let it soak up the oil a little bit. 

Next add the stock a little at a time until it is all absorbed and the rice is just a soft texture. 

Then I stir in the chicken and bacon, add any veg today I had spinach but you can use peas or peppers although I would suggest frying these first with the meat. 

Finally I stir in the cream cheese, parmesan, oregano, sage and sometimes a pinch of black pepper to taste.

Enjoy, Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment